Meditation or Basic Breathing Techniques have been shown to lower stress, center the mind, relax the body, lead to better and deeper sleep, aid health in any number of ways and infuse the spirit with endless creative and innovative energy.
I have long found that simply practices have done all of that and more and have made my life a lot better. Having A.D.H.D. can make things quite difficult at times, though with a bit of focused breathing or a few quiet minutes of meditation I can refocus and calm my frenzied, out-of-focus brain and hyper body. I hope that by sharing a few of my favorites, maybe you can bring some calm and peace into your most frenzied, crazy times too!
This is a simple 5 minute breathing meditation that I turn to and I have found is a great place to start if you are new to meditation. I hope you enjoy it and please check below it for links to other meditations, yoga poses and breathing techniques that I share.
Here’s The Simple 5 Minute Meditation To-Do
- Step aside, go somewhere quiet (or as quiet as possible). Put on headphones if you have them – if not, just having your speakers turned up a bit on your computer will work.
- Click on the ‘Click & Breathe’ image below, close your eyes and rest yourself.*
- Focus on your breathing. Breathe in and think “calm” then breathe out and think “joy” (or any other set of words you like, heck even the numbers 1 and 2 will work just fine).
- Continue to do this and allow your breathing to slow down, deepen or simply just do what it wants. If your mind wanders, don’t fret, just let it go and focus on your breathing once more.
- At the end of 5 minutes 3 bells will chime and that’s it ~ Doesn’t that feel wonderful?!
Additional posts of Interest:
- Beauty Breath
- A Moment of Calm
- Legs-Up-The-Wall Pose
- A Basic Kirtan Kriya Meditation
- One Minute Can Reset Your Mind and Day
I hope you enjoy this!
Namaste ~ Ella
*Music by Liquid Mind (Chuck Wild) ©2011 Gold Masque Music (ASCAP).